Skip to main content

2022 best items that I made and kept wearing

It's been really quiet here on my blog for several years. I guess I didn't have enough time or motivation to post, then I changed things and didn't like how my blog looked anymore. I tried to make it better again, but I think I just needed the time away. Also posting to Instagram is easier and quicker. 

So, what changed now? I think I need a bit more my own scene where I can post. I found a neutral background for the blog and we'll see if I keep posting or not.With all that, let's get to the good stuff: items I made in 2022 that are my most worn and/or favourite pieces. 

First up is Itch to Stitch Sibiu top. It's in the wash right now and by now is only suitable to wear at home as it's lost its color and has some pilling, but it's so soft and warm. I've made the Sibiu top several times, but this one is my favourite. The little one in my arms is just about 2 weeks old in this photo, now she's an active 2-year old and needs pretty dresses.

Sibiu top by Itch to Stitch

The next item I've worn repeatedly is Galicia top by Itch to Stitch. I used lightweight tweed fabric with some silver threads woven in and it has become my favourite pretty top for formal occasions. 

 

Galicia top by Itch to Stitch

 I love wearing my Richmond Utility skirt by Style Arc. I used a great printed fabric from Abakhan and it's really versatile and easy to wear. I've worn it two summers in a row and I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to pull it out of my wardrobe for this summer. 

Richmond skirt by Style Arc

 Another skirt that looked good on me was my Quebec denim skirt by Itch to Stitch. I guess I should have pulled it from wardrobe more often, but the light color kept me from reaching for it. It's so hard to keep it clean while playing with children. 

The Auvers top looks great and the fabric looks pretty, but as it is a warm weather top and fabric composition is polyester I never reach for it. I did that mistake once and I was sweating way too much... So, I need to make another Auvers from viscose crepe that breathes and feels cool next to my skin even on a hot summer day. 

Auvers top and Quebec skirt by Itch to Stitch
 
And let's not forget a simple top - Soller top also by Itch to Stitch. I made a dress version too and I have worn both so many times they start to disintegrate already. 

Soller top by Itch to Stitch

I think this is it. I sewed a lot, but these are my favourites. I should take a long look and see why and how to make more items that I would want to wear and look good in. 

I'll write about my last years favourites the next time. Bye for now!

Comments