Skip to main content

Itch to Stitch Brasov top and another pair of Mountain View jeans

 As the weather turns colder here in Estonia, I'm sewing more warm items. I made Brasov wrap top and Mountain View pull-on jeans by Itch to Stitch and I feel cosy, warm and stylish in those. 

My Brasov is made from polyester jersey with elastane. It's really soft and I love its beautiful color. It wasn't so easy to sew as this fabric moves and stretches easily, but I'm really happy with the end result. I definetely needed some more color in my wardrobe next to all the blues, greys and blacks I have there, so this purple is a nice pop of excitment and I think it suits me well. I used to hate purple tones when I was younger, but I think I just had to grow to love it. It reminds me the heather plants that are full bloom now in Estonia.



 

I didn't make any changes to the wrap top, I just followed the instructions of the pattern. The wrap top will probably fit me for a month or maybe two longer, then it would be too tight on my belly. On the photos I'm half way through my pregnancy. Brasov is also nursing friendly - I can easily pull the front open enough to nurse, so it will be great to wear it again once the baby is born.


My Mountain View pull-on jeans are made from stretch denim that I bought from Koo ja Loo shop a while ago. I made some hacks so I could wear these all through the pregnancy - I lowered the front rise for 1-2 cm and I used ribbing for the front waistband. I added some height to the front waistband too - I think it's about 10 cm higher than the pattern in the middle of the front and the same height on the sides. I used the elastic only on the back piece and to the front I sewed a tunnel for the elastic with button holes in it - so I could adjust it as my belly grows larger. A lot of kids pants have the same kind of system to regulate the waistband.

 Now, when I've worn these for several days, I know I would have to make some more changes. I'll unpick the front waistband and shorten the front rise for another 2 cm as it presses on my lower belly (stretch denim doesn't stretch as much as the ribbing). I'll then sew the same ribbing back and I think it will solve the problem.



If you have any questions about making the maternity hacks on Mountain View pull-on jeans, you can write to me or ask in a comment - I'd be happy to help. 

Until the next time!

Comments