Skip to main content

Inspired by Crystal - Itch to Stitch Hepburn top and Paulina top

 A while ago we had a sewalong in our Estonian sewing group. It was all about inspiration and sewing something similar to yourself/friend/son/daugther etc. I loved the results, people get inspiration from so many different places and it was so interesting to see it. 

While planning this sew along I happened upon Crystal's blog and as I really like her style, I wanted to copy some of her outfits. Also - she had such a good advice about Sequoia cargos and I spent a lot of time over "her place."


 

I made black Hepburn top similar to hers. I used lightweight ponte fabric and some jersey on the shoulders. I shortened the turtle neck a bit, so it doesn't come up so high. I think I also made full bust adjustment on that for the very first time in my life. It isn't as hard as it sounds and I think I'll use it again on fitted jersey garments that don't have bust darts or full bust option. 

I'm so happy about this outfit!

 The second top is Paulina top. I've sewn it once before but then I didn't cut out the cutouts on the side. This time I found similar plaid fabric to Crystal's to have underneath. I like it a lot and wore it through the spring. The black top layer is again some lightweight double knit, origin unknown. 

Thank you for inspiration, Crystal!

So in my opinion - it's great to see what everybody else sews and get inspiration from them! I'm really happy with both of my outfits. Thank you Crystal!


Comments