Skip to main content

Itch to Stitch Lago top, Lamma hoodie and Mountain View pull on jeans

 I took part in a sew-along where the theme was a capsule wardrobe. One needed to make at least three pieces to combine and wear together. I chose to make Itch to Stitch Lago tank top (a free pattern!), Itch to Stitch Lamma hoodie and Itch to Stitch Mountain View pull on jeans. I love this outfit and I'm probably going to wear it to shreds this autumn as it will be one of the few clothing pieces that will fit me. 

So first things first - Lago tank top. It's a great basic pattern and everyone needs a tank top for layering. I used cotton jersey (with 5% elastane) from Koo ja Loo. I used cuff fabric (or ribbing) for all the edges (except the hem). 

I knew I needed the Lamma hoodie - it's roomy and I love all the design lines. I used three different French Terry (loop back sweatshirt fabric) for it. The prettiest is the patterned one in the middle - it's from Salapakka (in Helsinki, Finland) and it's designed by Nuppu Print (you can also order it from their website). It's so delicate and beautiful! I added some blues and one of the coziest hoodies was born.


Also - as I'm growing my belly right now, hopefully Lamma will fit me for some months longer. And after I can use it while nursing. I added two invisible zippers (one to both princess seam line) and I don't have to remove the hoodie while nursing. You can't see the zippers when closed, the cowl neck hides the zipper pulls and the rest is invisible :) So Lamma is absolutely perfect for it!

My Mountain View pull on jeans are made from ponte fabric I bought from Karnaluks. It's a big craft store in Estonia and I often wonder how much money I've given for them in exchange of every kind of fabrics, sewing tools, sewing machines (all my machines are from this shop) etc. MVs are actually meant to be sewn from stretch denim, but ponte works too if you modify the pattern a bit. I know now that I should shorten the back rise and maybe take size smaller again. 

The adjustments I made for my growing belly: I added the elastic only to the back of the waist. There's only tunnel for elastic on the front and openings on the side (so I could put in the elastic), but I actually don't need it. I also lowered the front rise 1-2 cm, so that it wouldn't be so high on my belly. All the rets is done according to the instructions. I think these are my 6th or 7th pair of MV-s, so I'm pretty confident while sewing these trousers.

All my photos are taken while we were on the fishing trip in Finland. I felt so comfortable in my clothing. I'll see you soon with more!

Comments